Is there such a thing as too much WoW?
If you are anything like me, you’ve played a few different MMORPGs. Sure, there’s been Guild Wars, Final Fantasy & SWTOR. In the end, nothing can compare to what I consider to be one of the best MMOs out there: World of Warcraft. It all started a long time ago when my brother finally convinced me that I needed to “give it a try”. So there I was, at the create a character screen, not knowing what or who I wanted to become, just that I needed to try. I created a Blood Elf Mage, and the rest was history. Countless hours, multiple character selections with multiple variations. Couped up in my room, only coming out to eat when it was time for dinner, then returning back to my “girl cave” to devote more hours to my newly found love of this game. Where had the time gone? Who were these people I lived with? Several years later, I decided it was time to end my subscription, you know…quit. It was sad, there was a ping in my heart and months later I found myself, coming back for more. Think you are in it deep? Here are some signs to prove that you love World of Warcraft!
The 7 signs you’ve played too much WoW.
1. You know you’ve played too much WoW when you decide to log on and give World of Warcraft “a try”
…only to realize 70 levels in, you have been online a total of 8 hours today but swear you logged on just an hour ago!
2. You know you’ve played too much WoW when you make it your business to put the DPS meters to shame!
You’ve spent countless hours perfecting your toon, with the best of everything out there…that Frost Mage WILL NOT beat you on the DPS meters this time!
3. You know you’ve played too much WoW when your idea of a quiet night in is raiding Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar…
All you’ve ever wanted in life is that heroic mode staff you’ve been eyeing… it’s so beautiful and you have to have it!
Speaking of which, you will NEVER have because the group you are in is a complete disaster and has been wiped several times due to horrible raid placement.
4. You know you’ve played too much WoW when you spend 3 hours camping a rare spawn…
That never dropped those farming mats you needed…did this really just happen to me?!?
5. You know you’ve played too much WoW when chores never seem to do themselves…
But professions aren’t going to level themselves either.
6. You know you’ve played too much WoW when you can’t remember the last time you ate…
Dinner with your family.
7. You know you’ve played too much WoW when even though you want to give up WOW…
You know you can’t…go ahead try it, I dare you.
Okay. So I play a lot of WoW. Now what?
In the end, it’s that satisfaction of knowing you’ve hit max level, max ilevel, downed Heroic Garrosh and finally got that heroic mode staff you’ve been farming that keeps you coming back for more!